Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brand New

My daughter, who will be three months old next week, has a cute little onesie with the words "Brand New" on the front of it.  I marvel at this label because, although she has been physically present on in our lives for just a short while, it's hard to imagine an existence without her.  Hasn't she always been here in some way?  Maybe not physically but in some holy aspect?

It has become very clear to me that God does so many crazy things with the mind of a parent.  It's as if He hovers above us in all His dynamic power and wisdom, screwing in little nuts and bolts of adoration that can never be tampered with or will never need repair.  Somehow, some way, he engineered us to possess the most miraculous, profound love for someone we hardly even know.  Brooklyn is amazing in so many ways, but more importantly than that, she's OURS.  She's mine and my husband's and she was made FROM us.  I hope I never stop being awed by this.

I've created this blog in an effort to preserve, in some way, the memories I am making with my new family.  Though I'm sure I could write pages and pages about the adorableness of Brooklyn's smile when she recognizes her daddy's face in the mornings, I generally just want to express my awe at life and parenthood and God's love expressed through all of it.  I hope one day my child will read this blog and get some sense of just how much her mommy loves her.  Just how much I want to scoop her up every second and nibble on her fingers and toes for hours because they are so. darn. perfect.


1 comment:

  1. I know to the very depths of my soul, your "brand new" will never doubt for a single second how much her Mommy loves her.

    ReplyDelete